Saturday, February 2, 2013

And It Begins

I'm officially a FGiT trainee! Yesterday and today were my first two days of training. My trainer is a wonderful Puerto Rican woman who is the biggest sweetheart I've ever met. She calls me "mi amor" or my love all the time and tells me how good I'm doing. Everyone I tell that Margarita is my trainer tells me that she is the best of the best. I'm also told that my hairstyles will be perfect because she trains her girls so well. Yesterday I learned all 4 hairstyles. There is the Fairy Tale Princess (a bun with a tiara), Disney Diva (a bun with a hair piece), Pop Princess (twists with clips and a hair piece), and the Courtyard (twists with extensions). I did really well and I felt extremely confident at the end of the day. I learned all of the basics and got a tour of the area too. Today I observed in the Boutique and watched the FGiT interactions with the princess (the girls we make over). My trainer then broke the news that she was confident enough in me that once she demonstrated each hair style, I would do the next one! Holy nerves! I only got the chance to do a Fairy Tale Princess (which is my weakest one, so that was good!) but I was able to transform about 7 princesses! Let me tell you, hair on mannequin heads is a LOT easier to do than clean, smooth, and shiny human hair. It was really hard. It was stressful and nerve wracking and I wasn't enjoying it too much.

Okay that's a lie. I was totally loving life. I didn't stop smiling all day. I'll admit, I talk like an obnoxious Disney princess when I'm there. Just imagine my sweet little high voice saying, "why hello there princess!". Annoyed yet? I'm sure! It's so wonderful though. I feel like a celebrity there. Those princesses act as though they're meeting Cinderella or their idol when I speak. I AM a Fairy Godmother to them and they look at me with stars in their eyes. I may not be in Entertainment but holy cow, working here I feel like I am.

I have the next two days off because my trainer is off, and then I go back on Tuesday.  I'm SO excited to see how far I come along next week when I finish my training and go solo. I've started a journal of all the crazy, adorable, and wonderful princess moments I've had, so I'll leave you with one from today :)

4 year old princess: "do you know what I want to be when I grow up? The boss of everyone. And a doctor. And a mommy. And a teacher. But the boss too."

- Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment