Thursday, January 31, 2013

Welcome To My New Life!

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've written (well okay only like a week or so but you know!) but so much has happened and I haven't had much time to fill you all in!

I moved into my new apartment on Monday (Jan. 28) with my wonderful roommates. Even though we got in line at 4am there were in the middle of the group of people checking in. We unfortunately did not get the apartment that we had originally wanted but we got the next best option. We are living in Chatham Square (which is where I was last year) in a 2 bedroom apartment. I was worried about living here because it's basically a gamble. Some apartments are super nice while others are pretty disgusting. My apartment last year was one of the not so nice apartments which totally turned me off to living here again, however despite my usual bad luck, our apartment this year is wonderful! There are no gross carpet stains, all of our appliances are clean and work well, and it's pretty big! The location isn't the greatest but I keep reminding myself that it could have been a lot worse. I'll post pictures of my apartment as soon as I finish unpacking everything! (get going, I know right?)

My roommates have to be some of the best girls here. We all met on Facebook and figured that we would work well together and so we decided to live together. This couldn't be more true in person as well. Since we moved in, we haven't stopped laughing. We are all so laid back and we agree on (so far) everything. Our second night here, we had a "cookie party" and invited anyone to come over. We had about 15 people show up which was great! We made some new friends and had a blast! Kaylee is from Missouri and she is an Education major. She is working at Hollywood Studios at the Main Entrance. Skylar is also originally from Missouri but now lives in Salt Lake City. She is also an Education major and she too is at Hollywood Studios but is attractions (not yet sure where!). Both of those girls are dancers so we've talked about picking up some dance classes while we're here! Taylor is sharing a room with me! She is from Indiana and is working at Magic Kingdom in ODF (outdoor foods). I'll post pictures soon!

The past week I've been fortunate enough to get involved with CRU here at Walt Disney World. I have met some wonderful people and friends through CRU. I've already gotten so close with a few of them and I can't wait to see where my life goes here!! Tonight is a party for all of the new CP's! It starts in about a half an hour so I need to go get ready! AND my very first day of training as a FGiT starts tomorrow!! I can't wait to tell you ALL about it!

- Andrea

2 comments: