Saturday, December 22, 2012

Packing My Life Away

...literally! I am in the process of doing a total clean out of my room (because this time, I'll be staying in Orlando!). Many people have asked me for my giant packing list, so here it is. I've listed what is provided in the apartments, how much of each things you should pack, and what I suggest you should buy once you get there. Oh and this is a list for a female so guys, if you see something that doesn't apply to you just ignore it. You get the point ;)

What is provided in the apartments

  • twin bed (NOT XL)
  • dresser
  • night stand
  • cork board
  • lockers (must provide lock if desire to use)
  • shower liner 
  • dining room table w/ chairs
  • kitchen appliances (stove/oven, fridge, dishwasher, microwave)
  • some cookware (varies in all apartments)
  • dinnerware and silverware
  • couch
  • sofa chair
  • 2 end tables
  • coffee table
My list: 

clothing/shoes (for shoes, I suggest AT MOST 2 of each kind. I brought like 10 pairs of heels... I wore maybe 3 of them, one time each. Seriously. Don't go crazy)
  • shorts
  • shirts 
  • tanks
  • cami's (for under costume)
  • junk tshirts (10)
  • running shorts (5)
  • bras (5-8)
  • undies (30)
  • socks
  • bathing suit (up to you. I had 3)
  • jeans (3 pairs)
  • hoodies: pull over (1-2)
  • hoodies: zip up (1-2)
  • yoga pants (I have like 6 pairs. and I wear them all. you can ignore this one!)
  • long sleeved shirts (3)
  • sweaters (it DOES get cold! 2-3)
  • pjs (4-6)
  • sport bras (5)
  • sneakers
  • flip flops
  • sandals 
  • heels
  • flats
  • work shoes (I suggest you don't buy them until you get there. However I know where I'll be working and I wanted to buy my shoes ahead of time)
  • toms
  • rain boots (if you have them BRING THEM!)
  • riding boots
  • short uggs (don't judge me)
  • rain coat
  • Columbia fleece jacket
  • jean jacket
  • scarves (1 for cold weather and other decorative ones)
  • hat/gloves (trust me. you'll need them!)
  • belt
Bathroom/Bedroom
  • bedding (you can wait to buy this HOWEVER be aware that if you have a later arrival date, chances are most stores will be out of stock. so if you can buy this at home and bring it down, I suggest doing that!)
  • towels
  • washcloths
  • makeup
  • hair brush
  • hair ties/headbands/bobby pins (I buy these when I get there but you may want to pack them)
  • hair dryer
  • straightener
  • curling iron
  • hanging closet organizer (for clothes and shoes)
  • hangers (if you're driving I STRONGLY suggest bringing them. the stores around the area sell out of these fast)
  • picture frames and pictures to hang on cork board
Kitchen
  • tupperware
  • toaster (buy there)
  • coffee pot/tea kettle (buy there)
  • dish towels
  • chip clips
  • special mugs you may have
  • knives/cutlery set
** The apartment provides cookware however all apartments don't have the same. for example, we didn't have a colander so we had to go buy one. Wait until you get into your apartment and take an inventory of what you do not have or need and go to the Dollar Store and buy their kitchen supplies.

Living Area
  • tv
  • movies
  • game device
  • cable cord (YOU WILL NEED THIS!)
  • router 
  • board games
  • blankets
  • pillows (if you'd like)
Other things
  • umbrella
  • laptop
  • phone
  • chargers
  • camera 
  • broom/vacuum
WHAT TO BUY THERE:
  • bath mat
  • shower curtain
  • shampoo/body wash/conditioner 
  • pillows
  • coffee pot/tea kettle
  • mattress pad
  • toilet paper
  • paper towels
  • cleaning supplies
Last little tip: pack a small bag of cleaning supplies (a roll of paper towels, Clorox wipes, surface cleaner...) so that once you move into your apartment, you can clean everything before you settle in. The cleaning staff cleans the apartment before you move in, but I really don't trust that! Just a suggestion! :)

- Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment