Saturday, January 5, 2013

One Step Closer!

Hi everyone! I have a bit of exciting news!

I finally decided on the car that will work best for me! I put a deposit down on the down payment and the dealer is now in the process of getting the car for me. I'm really excited about it! This is my first huge purchase and I'm nervous but really happy about it. This is a big step! I'm excited to have a car with me in Florida so I no longer have to depend on others for grocery runs or anything else. I finally have my independence!

In other news, I found out my location! As a current Cast Member, I have access to the HUB, which is Disney's online world to their employees. It tells you everything from your work schedule to discounts you're eligible  for; and everything in between. There is a section that allows you to look up anyone in the system (if you need your manager's phone number or things like that) and I was getting extremely frustrated because my status kept telling me I was still at my old location (which technically I am). I finally realized and accepted that my status wouldn't change until my transfer date, which is the day I check in.

Well the other day my friend (who is also a current CM) told me that she looked on her record card and her new location was listed! To answer the question I know you're asking, a record card is where your progress is tracked. It lists every time you have called out, been late, or no call no shows. It also lists every time you have been recognized by someone and given a GSF (Guest Service Fanatic Card - I'm sure I'll get into these more in my later posts) for excellent work. Long story short, when you're looking to transfer roles or change locations, your managers look at this to see if they want you to move up.

I looked on my record card and it told me Magic Kingdom. I currently work at the Magic Kingdom and so I didn't think anything of that. There are two locations for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. One is at the Magic Kingdom in Cinderella's Castle, and the other is located in World of Disney at Downtown Disney. I originally wanted to work at the DTD location because I wanted to work in a new area; somewhere I'm not used to. Then I met and became really good friends with a girl who used to work in the Castle and she started getting me thinking about how much fun it could be to work there! So basically I didn't care where I worked. I started actually looking on my record card and low and behold, the Magic Kingdom wasn't connected to "Frontierland Attractions" but it said "MK Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess". So I am working in Cinderella's Castle!

I'm so excited! I've heard wonderful things about the Castle. There are pros and cons to both locations. There are more full time ladies and less CP's working in the Castle but the managers (or so I've heard) are extremely nice there. There are a lot more people working in the MK location so I won't get as many hours as I could at DTD (MK is only open until 8pm vs. DTD 10pm). DTD is where most CP's go and so there are more kids my age there. The GOOD news is that I can always pick up shifts in both locations and I plan on being known both areas (I have to pay for a car now right??) I have also heard rumors that Cinderella and her Fairy Godmother sometimes make an appearance in the Boutique so I'm really excited for that!! Oh and I have to tell you a secret. I have also heard that past CP's have gotten a personal tour of the Cinderella Castle Suite! AHHHHH!

So much to be happy and thankful for this past week! And now to finish packing up and start saying my goodbyes! Leaving in a week and a couple of days!

- Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations girl, on your car AND the castle! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really exciting! I hope you have a great time at the castle and get that tour! :]

    ReplyDelete