Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Orlando!

We made it! My mom and I left at about 7:30 Sunday morning. We made it to Charlotte, North Carolina and decided to stop for the night around 7:30. It was the easiest drive of my life. I joke around that I'm just like a baby; put me in a car and I'll pass out. However, I didn't sleep one minute of the entire 19 hour trip! There was no traffic. None. At all. It was incredible! The weather was also amazing. There was a bit of wind when we first left Buffalo but it was pretty much finished by the time we got closer to Pittsburgh. It also started to snow pretty hard in Erie but that too ended quickly for us (unfortunately that wasn't the case for everyone back home). Other than that, our drive was easy and very safe!

We then drove on Monday to my grandparents house in Satsuma, Florida. They drove some of my things down for me and I accidentally left my work shoes with them, which I need for my shift on Friday. Oops! Luckily their house was along the way. That night we had dinner with my Great Aunt (who also lives in the area) and my cousin who was in town. It turned out to be a good accident!!

We left their house yesterday and only had a 2 hour drive to Orlando, where we finally saw traffic. Let me tell you, I DID NOT miss this traffic. If you thought traffic on Transit was bad, you have no idea. The traffic here is brutal. Although I'll take it any day over the cold back home! I'm watching the Today Show currently and can't believe how cold it is!!! I got out just in time. Stay warm everyone!

I said goodbye to my mom this morning. She's always the hardest goodbye. We always seem to get really close right before I leave. We had a lot of fun (well if a 19 hour drive is considered fun...) on our drive down and both agreed that it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. It was quite easy and seemed to go by fast! Yesterday we went to the Outlets and I got a belated Christmas present (a raincoat. I'll definitely use that here!) and my mom spoiled herself and bought a really nice pair of Uggs. I guess it was her motivation to get on a plane to go back home to the freezing cold? Hey I would have done the same thing.

I'm going to miss my family. It was nice to be able to see them everyday for a while, but I'm excited about what's to come! I'm "moving in" to my friend's apartment today. She was generous enough to let me stay with her for a few days before I move into my apartment on Monday. Today I also have to go get my new Disney ID so I can go to work on Friday! I'm hoping to meet a few new friends at the parks after!! And tonight I'm going to a get together with a bunch of people I've met online. I'm really excited to start meeting everyone!!

Everyone back home: STAY WARM!! I won't tell you how warm it is here but to make you feel better, it's chilly! No shorts or tshirts here! Love and miss you all already!

- Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment